Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My FFF Week Cast Call Experience!!!

On January 12, 2013 I stepped out of my box and did something I always wanted to do. I went on my first model casting call and it was for Full Figure Fashion Week in New York. My friend and I had already made plans to go to FFF Week, so I started following their Instagram Page. So one day while scrolling down instagram. I saw this list of all the city that they were coming to. I said to myself if they come to my city I will try out. Guess What? The second city that they came to was my city. I determine right then and there that I was going to do it. I was going to go to my very first casting call. So next was to find the perfect outfit and just do it. I went through a couple different options before I settle on this. I also went through several shoe choice before I settle on a comfortable pair of shoes that I could strut in. The morning of I was a ball of nerves. I wanted to back out but I had too many people supporting me. I had to have a talk with myself. Listen if you get it you get it, If not its ok. I think my biggest fear was being judge and having to walk in front of all those people. I was fearful of what if I trip or even worst fall. After I had my talk with myself and met up with my friends and they boost my confidence I was ready to go. Once I walk in the casting call all of my worries were gone. The nerves I was had, had left my body. I was cool, calm and ready to get over with. Once it was my turn I got up there I rocked it and I was ecstatic that I actually did it. I had accomplished something I always wanted to do and I was very proud of myself. After weeks of waiting to see if I actually made the cut. I finally receive an email yesterday.< I didn't make it yall. I am still very happy though. I push myself to do something I always wanted to do and I believe that I was pretty good at it. The reason that I may not have been chosen is because I wore the wrong shoes you guys. Lol. In the midst of me change my shoes a 1000 times I didn’t notice that it stated no wedge heels. I wore wedges yall. That may have not been the reason but in mind it’s going to be. I just want to leave you with this. If you have a dream, go after it. You may hear a bunch of no's before a yes.(Thanks to a friend for telling me that!) But at least you know you tried. I can now feel complete knowing that at least I tried and I'm still smiling. Ms.Esh

4 comments:

Asia Elizabeth said...

Thats whts up u went..Dont Give up..

Anonymous said...

Cute pic. I didnt know u were nervous. Im proud you did it and are a inspiration to many. I wish we would have known about the wedges rule

Anonymous said...

The whole city is rooting for you!! Stay focused and you are destined for greatness!

Anonymous said...

I am extremely proud of U. Keep pursuing your dream.