Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Break Down on Wig Caps!!!

Let’s get familiar with some wig caps! I have tried or purchase all but one of these caps below. There are 2 that I would like try, that I will list on this post. 1st up is the wig cap! This cap can be sewed on but I don’t advise. It is very thin and does tear. It most commonly used for doing a quick weave (weave that is glued vs. sewed) or worn under you wigs to protect you hair and give your wig a better fit. If you do choose to use the wig cap for weaving purposes, they come two in the pack so make sure use both for extra security. Second we have the net cap. This can be used to sew hair on, you can make wigs and Uparts on this. I actually made my very first wig on this cap. Please be advise!!! Don’t use this cap. The cap is very user friendly. The net give you the ability to sew with ease. Over time though the net will tear. The weave is too heavy for the netting. I had big holes and lose tracks. This cap is very fragile. Next we have the weaving net; I thought I was going to really enjoy this one. It had the adjustable straps in the back in all. I thought I hit the jackpot until I got it home. This cap was too small for my head. I rip it trying to make it fit. There is a cap out there that comes in different sizes, but I’m not sure if this one is it. I can’t give you too much feedback on this cap besides, that if you have a big head stray away from it. It didn’t have a lot of stretch to it either so you can’t make it fit. For those who can fit it let me know how you like it! So after watching tons of YouTube video and watching ladies make wigs and Uparts and not experience what I had with the above caps. I had to figure out what kind of cap they were using. I remember sitting in front of my computer watching video after video, pausing and rewinding trying to catch what people was using. It was like the worlds biggest secret and I could not get in on it. Then finally, I found a video where the person displayed that they were using the dome cap. I'm like yes, finally!!! This thing right here was heaven sent to me. I mean it is secure enough to hold all this hair. You can sew through it with ease. It’s a perfect fit for my head. I have had one that was to big but when that happens ladies, you cut off excess and sew the cap back together. It is thicker so it more durable. It’s harder to rip (even though I have mange to do it, over time though). This cap is the one for me. I love it and I would advise this to anyone who is making a wig or an Upart. It’s not hot to me, some people complain about that but for me I don’t have this issue. The next two caps I have not tried them yet but I will love to try them out. First would be the mesh dome cap. It has breathable holes and it should have the same durability of the regular dome cap. I think that it would be a great cap to try. I will try it as soon as I can find it in black. I have to look for it online because all my local beauty supplies only have color ones. The next one would be that Upart wig cap. It looks like it would be great for making Uparts. It look like it may be durable but I have never tried it before so I can’t speak on it. I have seen a couple ladies on YouTube use it but I haven’t seen a review on it. So once I try these two caps I will give my thought on them. I hope this post will help anyone out there that’s think of making a wig or a Upart, or just on the search for that right cap. Be Great, Ms.Esh

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please do one with the last cap so we can see how it turns out.

Unknown said...

I agree those dome caps are heaven sent. I can't wait until you do a review on the last 2 caps so we can see how they work!

Anonymous said...

What type of dome cap is that?

chocthickness said...

Which one?

Anonymous said...

I recently used them but latley I have noticed that they have shrunk in size, I used a magic weave cap now they have extra nets in the pack waste of money

chocthickness said...

Thanks for sharing! Where can you get the magic weave caps?